Sunday, March 27, 2011

We love you Aunty Kelly

I am determined. That one day I will teach myself how to fold a friggin fitted sheet. As well as I can a flat one. And maybe one day, I'll get over my fascination with and craving for bubble wrap. I confess I love it just as much as I love getting whatever came encased in it. It's the simple things, you know?

I noticed the date on my last post. Then I realized just how many things have happened since then. It makes me tired just thinking about all of it. Some of the highlights....Kalei turned 3, we went to Arizona for the Aloha Festival, got involved with the Utah Pasifika Festival. planning numerous events yada yada yada, The low? Today. Losing Aunty Kelly. Anything we might say only pales in comparison to the loss felt by our 'ohana. The grief is too new. The loss too all encompassing. There are moments, there have been moments throughout this where I'm wondering if I'm being enough of a comfort to my husband. You will always be within us Aunty.


"Kau i ke ki`eki`e ma luna o Ka`ala, keia pua mae `ole. Pa mai ana i ke Kaiaulu a honi e ka Ulalena. He pua ahi, he wehi aloha pili i ka poli o Pu`u O Hulu..."


This always vibrant blossom, placed high above the reaches of Ka`ala. Caressed by Kaiaulu and kissed by Ulalena. A blazing blossom, a loving adornment in the bosom of Pu`u O Hulu.


Ha'o mau makou ia 'oe e `Anake. Noho malie me na kupuna a honi i ka `ohana i laila no makou. A hui hou.

No comments:

Post a Comment