Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's FEBRUARY ALREADY?!

Ahhh....it is FREEEEEEEEEZING in Salt Lake City! As in 12 degrees. Craziness, I tell you! So with this freezing weather, David was 'ono for Portugese Bean Soup. I've never made it before, but I thought, really...how hard could it be? Turns out, not too hard at all! Pretty simple, and it turned out super 'ono!! I absolutely love dishes that don't require too much fussing. Hey, I'm super busy, I don't always have time to fuss with dishes that require strict attention. Here's a photo, and I must say, the photo does not do justice to its taste. It's certifiably delicious.


So it's Valentine's Season. In our house, Valentine's is a Season all its own. We normally start around David's birthday, (Jan. 23rd) with decorating, getting goodies for the girls' Valentine's baskets, and February 1st always kicks it up, we do Valentine's baked goodies, a movie, and crafts. This evening we did Valentine's cupcakes, Winnie The Pooh's Valentine movie and heart wishes as a craft. I'd post pics except the girls got messy making cupcakes, then messy eating them, then add to that the glitter and glue for tonight's craft and well, you get the idea. Monstrous mess. But it's the first night of many, so I'm sure there'll be cute pics shortly. We will even have a Valentine freebie this week, for you to download, print and use! Fabulous! Lucky you! hahahaha

And lastly, here's a "only a parent knows" moment. I was doing laundry and I overhear Kalei saying, "'Kay, Hua, your turn!", followed by Lehua giggling, and saying a few minutes later, "'Kay, Leilei, your turn!" and they're both giggling. I'm thinking to myself, "Awwww.....I love when they play so nicely and politely with each other!!" My heart is turning to mush, and I'm starting (as in just for a nano second) to think, "Maybe my insistence on please, thank you, etc., is paying off!" Only to take the corner and see that while yes, they're taking turns, it happens that they're taking turns at the window, making googly faces at the landscapers who are outside clearing away dead branches. Nice. Yes they get scolded, all thoughts of taking them for a treat fly out of my head, and instead, we go back to the drawing book, and read about Bert and Ernie and the importance of being polite. Crazy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment