Saturday, August 27, 2011

What in the Deseret Industries?!



So our first foray into Deseret Industries was a hit! My mom was with us that weekend (last weekend) and she looooooooooves garage sales. So we went because I figured, it must be like a giant garage sale, but indoors. In air conditioning. Which is a BIG PLUS. And, no driving around, getting the kids in and out of the car to check out a garage sale, only to find nothing of interest. And there's air conditioning. Did I mention there was air conditioning?



I was completely surprised by the amount of people that were shopping there. There was A LOT of people. Anyway, we zoomed past the clothing, and saw some furniture. I immediately spotted this big armoire that, from where I was standing, looked to be in great condition. I was right. It was in great condition. And according to the salesperson (well, the guys who were bringing furniture out and tagging them) it had only been on the floor for about 30 minutes with LOTS of interest.



As I was checking it out, there were like 5 people doing the same, 4 were doing it at a bit of a distance, and one totally stepped in front of me while I was holding the armoire door open and looking inside. Did I shove her inside like I wanted to? No. I looked over at my husband who was watching me, remembered to be nice, and said EXCUSE ME! Then she left. My husband is my calming influence. He is awesome.




By this point I was feeling pretty....adamant that we were going to be the one to buy this thing. With visions of "Storage Wars" in my head, I got a ticket, took it to the cashier and bought the dang thing. I felt pretty satisfied when the guy placed the sold ticket on the door. (Just to note, while I was going to pay for it, 3 other people were circling around it. Thankfully it already had my tag on it.)



I love it. We love it. When our daughter Lehua The Destroyer drew with her chalk on the bottom doors, I was ready to shove her in it. (I didn't. Again, hubby is such a calming influence.) Hubby cleaned it. He and our nephew moved it into our bedroom where it currently resides. And still, I love it. It doesn't match the rest of our bedroom furniture but I love it enough to re-do the whole room. Again, hubby is so calm, he won't even get annoyed when I start shopping for like furniture. LOVE him.

No comments:

Post a Comment