Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hello World

It's been a long while since the last post.  I keep thinking about posting, but as we're all aware, thinking doesn't always translate into DOING.  I don't recall exactly when the last post was, I'm refusing to look at it so as not to feel bad. However, this is what we're we're up to NOW.

Summer is in full swing, so we've been having 'adventures' with our girls.
At the Natural History Museum...Lehua: "Mom! Why are all the dinosaurs naked???!!"



Plotting their journey through the Wasatch Farmer's market:


Swimming, swimming, swimming: Kalei: "Grandma, I don't want to grow big." Grandma: "Why is that?" Kalei: "Because I don't want to get my ma'i." Good Lord, this child is only 4.



They've also been learning to participate in things more....they like to be observers until they're comfortable, or until someone they're comfortable with is RIGHT. NEXT. TO. THEM. We're trying to work in gently bringing them out of their shell.  The one that doesn't exist at home. Or with their family. The shell that we're always shocked to see.


We've also had some graduations in the family, Raina's and Kapeka's, and Boogs' graduation, congratulations to all of them!!!  Our Pumehana would have been graduating with them, and we're excited for Brianna's next year.  Our princess Pume will be turning 18 soon, what an enormous milestone!

Dave and I have been making strides in getting healthier.  I've been on Vi-Salus for about two and a half months, and so far, 5 inches off my waist, and lost 22 lbs., I don't plan on staying on Vi-Salus forever, so I'm learning about healthier eating, for myself and my 'ohana and Dave and I are committed to working out and getting fit.  FIT. Not skinny.  There's a difference. The girls like to workout with us as well, which we love.  I love having Lehua ask if we're going to do Yoga, and watch her get into varying positions.  And having Kalei ask if we're going to workout in the gym, and of course, Pume just giggles when we do workout in the living room, she thinks us contorting our bodies in yoga poses is funny. :) 

We're looking forward to a lot more adventures with the girls, and we need to make sure we're healthy and energized to keep up with them!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment